WHAT IS COA?
COA is a community based not-for-profit group that delivers services to help frail, aged and those with disability to stay in their own home for as long as practicable. We work with a small paid staff. Click here to see the Staff page. A large group of dedicated volunteers help provide essential daily services to Sydney's Jewish Seniors.
Since its inception in 1982 COA has responded to many thousands of requests for assistance from doctors, social workers, hospitals, family members and seniors seeking ways to improve their lives, continue engaging with their community and manage the inevitable "bumps along the road" we experience when we age.
Services offered include:
- Sydney's only Delivered Kosher Meals
- Drop in Centre with a full program of activities from Sunday to Friday
- Personal, home and financial assessments
- Referrals for personal care
- Referrals to Sydney's leading community organisations for ongoing help
- Transportation to and from COA and to medical or other appointments
- Our bi-monthly newsletter is posted to members six times a year and contains news, photos and programs for the coming months.
COA is overseen by a Board of Management, made up of wonderful volunteers who also take a role in the day-to-day running of the organisation. Click here for the 2016 Management Committee.
As a Not for Profit Organisation, the COA’s aim is to provide the highest standard of care within a framework of Jewish Culture. COA aims to give aid, relief and comfort to the Jewish Aged in NSW and cater for the welfare needs of the community by providing quality liaison, direct assistance and programs for community involvement. To read our full mission and objectives click here.